> News > Newsticker
27.11.2015
Dangers around Christmas
Here is a list of some hazards that absolutely need to be checked if we want to spend a happy and safe Christmas time with our pets:

Dangers around Christmas

A decorated Christmas tree and glittering decorations are not only beautiful to behold, they are also quite tempting for our pets. Here is a list of some hazards that absolutely need to be checked if we want to spend a happy and safe Christmas time with our pets:

Christmas Tree: 

The Christmas tree should be fastened to ceiling or wall with string so that our pet's discovery tours do not end in the tree toppling over. 

Baubles: 

Dogs and cats like to play with any type of ball, especially when it is new and glittering. You should be very careful with glass baubles on the tree. When they fall off or are bitten to pieces, shards can not only injure the paws, but also the mouth and throat area. If shards are swallowed, they can cause cuts in the gastrointestinal tract.  

Fir Needles and Poinsettia: 

The leaves of many plants are poisonous for our pets and should be placed out of reach of any eager explorers. Essential oils in fir needles and the water the fir tree or the branches stand in can lead to irritations of the gastrointestinal tract. 

Chocolate: 

Father Christmas or Santa figures made of chocolate are very tasty, but unfortunately toxic for dogs due to the indigestible theobromine they contain. Too much chocolate can be fatal for a dog. 

Candles: 

In the wild, fire causes animals to be afraid. In our flat, however, it is often regarded with a kind of fascination that could lead to severe burns for the pet or even the flat burning down. 


Wishing you a merry Christmas time!
Your TRIXIE Team